As we all look ahead and begin our shift to “the new normal”, here at Northampton Vision Specialists we are so excited to get back to providing the best possible vision care for you and your loved ones.
Healthy vision is so fundamental to our daily lives, and the dramatically increased screen time for most of us during this pandemic, has undoubtedly put a strain on many of our visual systems. We’re here and we are ready to address all of your visual concerns – those that are related to screen use, and those that are not.
We’ve been busy making many changes to prepare to re-open the office. Our first priority is making sure that our patients and staff are kept safe and healthy. Utilizing many resources including but not limited to the CDC, The American Optometric Association and State/local guidelines we’ve put together a plan.
Summarized below are our protocols for maintaining maximum safety and health:
- Modified schedule to allow for careful, proper disinfection and to minimize the number of people in office.
- Unaccompanied patients only, except for young children and those that require assistance.
- Screening all staff and patients prior to entering the office. This includes non-touch body temperature and COVID-19 screening questions as provided by the CDC.
- Hand sanitization required of everyone upon entering the office.
- Disinfecting all surfaces, in all areas (including bathrooms) after every patient contact.
- Masks to be worn by all staff and patients (over the age of 2) at all times.
- Signage and guidance throughout the office to enable social distancing.
- UV disinfection unit* which allows us to disinfect all hand held items including, frames, eyeglasses, pens, occluders and patches.
- Prize menu for all children to select from via a hands-free process.
*Our unit is an Ultra-Violet Germicidal Irradiation cabinet that is typically used in scientific and research settings. It is made by a company that has been around for 30+ years and kills micro-organisms at the highest possible level. It takes only 15 minutes and is completely safe to use and operate.
We look forward to seeing you in the office soon!